Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's a White Christmas Miracle on Day 8

It was meant to be! I received the most lovely vintage white and shimmery box from Freda, of
Sew What's New.
The part that's "meant to be" is today is White Wednesday at
Faded Charm and I planned on linking to show my Christmas Village. With that in mind, I sifted through my remaining matchboxes to discover Freda's little white gem intended for Day 8. Okay, maybe not a Christmas miracle, but let's at least call it a sign! So thank you Freda for your beautiful little gift and for the
tie-in to White Wednesday.

I've been collecting these village pieces for many years, and of all the holiday decorating I do, amassing the village (I believe it may have grown to city status) is indeed a labor of love. Just bringing the boxes up from the basement is a job! It's extremely difficult to capture the charm and serenity of this snowy vintage winter wonderland. I hope you enjoy visiting nonetheless.







I'm also linked with All Things Merry & Brite at
All Things Heart & Home.

18 comments:

Barb said...

Luv your Christmas village and the oval photo above your mantle is awesome.
Wonderful blog background too. Ü
Barb in Texas

Robin said...

Oh my goodness!!! Now that's a Christmas village! I adore it! I'd love to get up close and look at every single precious building!
You did a great job and I love where you put your little towne!
Thanks for linking up my friend~
Please come back next week!
xo
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

OMG!!!!

I absolutely LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your village or should I say city!!

I adore villages . I have 2 Christmas ones and an Easter one, a Fall one and a Halloween one!

Yours is the best I have seen, hands down!!

Hugs,
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Mrs A. said...

Wow. Now that really is something. Gorgeous village or should I say town/city. Love how you have displayed it

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi JoAnnne,
what a beautiful Christmas village!
TFS. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
XO Marie

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

What a wonderful Christmas village collection!

-Danielle

Mina said...

Oh, your village has stolen my heart!

Netty said...

I think its more like a country rather than a village.......lol It all looks fabulous. Annette x

Heathen said...

Oh my goodness, this is no longer a village! It is now, most definitely, a city! It's beautiful.

MARY PERNULA said...

Lovely collection of villages, it is very festive. I just wanted to say thanks for your art work, I have your #12 matchbox and simply love it. HUGS MARY

Lisa Balazs (Seshat Moon Willow) said...

I just love your village. I'm not able to put mine up this year as I am fostering too many kitties right now and it's a recipe for disaster. I didn't even put up my big tree, just a tiny one over the mantle. Oh well, it's the trade off for giving these little guys homes until I find their forever home. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Hugs

Nancy Maxwell James said...

I love your amazing Christmas village! you have so many wonderful pieces to it and have the set displayed beautifully! We didn't put mine up this year :( but still settling into this place we moved into...next year it will get a special spot!

Roselle said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! That white matchbox is really stunning! Your Christmas village IS a labor of love but so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
Roselle

Donene said...

Your mantel village is beautiful! Thanks for your nice comments!

Piney Rose said...

Oh my goodness, Joanne! My sister-in-law had a collection like this a few years ago, but she eventually let them go and started something else. We were always thrilled to see her display of houses. Lovely.

Rebecca said...

Wow-what a christmas village-it's amazing!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

That is a gorgeous village. And the old picture above...is that a family piece? Adorable!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing!!! I LOVE your village--I've never seen one so large in all it's majesty in my life...Wow!
Merry, Merry Christmas!!!
XO