Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thinking Spring Tag Book Swap

As you can probably assume from my blog makeover, I'm saying goodbye to snowflakes. Well, not in my real life. I'm painfully aware the snow and cold will be with me for a while, but I'm thinking spring.
Let's start creating spring too. Even if you've never altered a tag in your life or participated in a collaborative project, I welcome and encourage you to join the I'll provide links to inspirational sites, images you can use, even links to products.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Grab the button to display on your blog to show you're participating.
2. Email me to sign up, via the email link in my sidebar. Please put "Tag Book" in the subject line. Provide me with your name, email address, blog url and mailing address. I will confirm I've added you and provide you with my shipping address.
3. Make 10 tags. Use Avery manila shipping tags with reinforced hole, size 4&3/4" x 2&3/8" (available at most office supply stores, Office Max sells box of 100 for $5.29) or make your own tags approximately the same size.
4. Mail tags to me no later than March 5th. Include a return label and $6 US, $7 Canadian, $8 International, for postage, packaging and supplies.
I'll be making the covers, assembling and binding the books. Depending on the number of participants, you may get your own tag back in your book.
PLEASE only sign up if you can commit as participation is limited.
THE DETAILS
Orientation - landscape or portrait
Subject Matter - anything that says "spring" to you. Birds, new birth, awakening, flowers, Easter, fairies and pixies-totally your interpretation.
Style - Again, your choice. Vintage, whimsical, realistic-anything.
Medium - You guessed it, anything goes. Collage, fabric, stamped, hand drawn, digital, painted.....
Back of tag - please don't leave blank. It doesn't need to be as elaborate as front but should have some appeal. Please sign the back and include your blog url or email address if you like.
Embellish, embellish, embellish!!!!!! Chunky is good. Use chipboard, flowers, charms, glitter, fibers, ribbon, bling, lace. Please DO NOT use the tag hole for ribbons, charms or any embellishments. I will be using the hole to bind.
Tags may be the all the same or different.
This is a tag book I participated in a couple years ago. A little jump start to get your brain thinking tags
VARIETY is what makes these books fun, as well as wonderful keepsakes. Hope you'll be "thinking spring" with me!

7 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

yes JoAnne I'm in senting my email now hugs Wendy

Jo said...

you have my email ... i cant wait to play!

Peppermint "Patty" said...

Hi JoAnne
Thanks for stopping by and paying my blog a visit too! I was thinking about the tag thingy and thought it sounded like a great idea. Never done a "tag" book but hey, I'm game for trying new things and think this is something that will be very fun to do. Count me in! :) I'll email my info to you. Thanks, Patty

Wendy said...

I would love to be a part of this, but I was unable to access the email. Can I still join.
PLEEAAAse.
Wendy from Wonderland
warriorprincesswendy@gmail.com

Unknown said...

JoAnne,
I would love to join in on the tag swap book. I can not access your comment/email button.
PLease advise.
I look forward to joining in on the swap.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Michele

Izzy said...

sent along my info.. this will be alot of fun!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh shoot! I missed it! Spring is my favorite time of year!