It's time for Tutorial Tuesday! Daniele, of
The Musings of a Chocoholic
has provided us with a really great, little tutorial. It's for a bottle cap embellishment and the reason I like this one so much is that it's pretty simple but the result is a very unique embellishment. It can be used as an accent in an altered art project, assemblage art, any mixed media project, a scrapbook or card embellishment, or even jewelry.
Daniele is always tackling and sharing new techniques, which is why I'm a frequent visitor to her blog. Here is her Bottle Cap Tutorial.
1. Materials used: image, bottle cap, alchohol ink, glossy accents, glue stick, foil and punch.
2. Use the back of the bottle cap and cut out image using a 1" punch.
3. Put glossy accents around the rim of the bottle cap.
4. Add a drop or 2 of alchohol ink, I've used rust.
5. Using glue stick, add glue and rub on foil, tearing off foil to get a more distressed look.
6. Stick image to centre of bottle cap using glossy accents.
7. Apply glossy accents to top of image covering all of image, and then leave to dry (1 hour).
8. Apply foil to the edge of the bottle cap as per instructions in point 5.
I told you this is a great tutorial-and something we all can easily play around with. And look what she did with it!
Be sure to visit The Musings of a Chocoholic where you'll find another mini tutorial for making the card! Thank you so much Daniele.
What's next? You tell me! With 273 friends (thank you!) following, we should be in tutorials for a long, long time. Are you next?
I miss having horses. We used to have a wonderful, old barn filled with these creatures with the world's softest noses. Seriously, what is softer than the ...