Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trick or Treat Sorority Style

When I learned my Bloggerette Sorority secret swap sister was Karen, of Karen's Monday Musings, I was thrilled. I've recently come to know Karen through my flickr altered matchbox group and she is a sweetheart!
I wanted to make a treat bag that was quirky and fun but also had "some pretty" to it. So I started where I always start (etsy!) and found this lovely lady skeleton image at Antique Graphique.
A little lace, a touch of bling, some well-placed flowers and you have a special trick or treat bag for a special sorority sister.
I filled it with a mix of store bought and handmade items,
including this altered bingo card and little vintage Halloween tussie mussie.
I love how the witches hat turned out thanks to my favorite new black trim and feathered friend.
Fall cookie cutters,
some vintage trim, an altered carte de visite,
and a mini accordion book using images from Lisa's Altered Art.
Then I tucked in a little bit of this & a little bit of that for what I hope is a perfect treat bag!
My secret sister is fashionably late but I'll be sure to share when it arrives.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh brilliant creative Halloween goodies. Love them all
hugs June x

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Great treat bag and some awesome goodies!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That is some "trick or treat" bag!!! Looks like you spoiled your partner :) Very nice.
Deb

becky said...

es perfecto¡¡¡

Lynn Stevens said...

What a wonderful Treat bag! No tricks there!!! I'm sure she will adore all you did!
hugs Lynn

Ivy said...

So many wonderful Halloween treasures! Love it! xo

Martina said...

Spectacular Halloween treasures, Joanne!
SUPERB!

debi said...

JoAnne, I love the bag you created....the skeleton lady is just perfect! And what wonderful goodies!

Hopefully, your gift bag will be arriving very soon.

Thanks for joining the swap!
Hugs, Debi

the old white house said...

WOW! Karen is a lucky girl! That altered treat bag is so fun, I was cracking up over here :) I love all of your artwork! I am your newest follower... don't know how i wasn't before this but i have now rectified the situation, and won't miss any more wonderful posts! t. xoxoox

Stampin2day said...

Wow..I love your blog. I could spend hours here..actually I plan to! :o) Amazing creations and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Oh JoAnne, you have the luckiest partners! Everything is so gorgeous. Hugs to you, my friend.

Jorgelina said...

Happy halloween!

Unknown said...

Great treasures! I love all your paper goodies!
Have a happy Halloween!

Come follow me back and see my party!

http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-carving-party.html

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I love all of those wonderful Halloween "treats"!