Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tea Anyone?

Welcome to Dragonfly Manor and my Halloween Tea.

The butler would be happy
to hang your hat

Please make yourself comfortable. Park your broom if you like and feel free to kick off your shoes. Those pointy toes are killer, aren't they?

Did I mention it's a pumpkin themed tea this year?

Fae brought a darling baby boo...

But don't worry if you don't have one! Many of the guests arrived without.

Charlotte is a sweet little witch but quite forgetful

and the Skellington's always come empty-handed.


I'm not even certain who this masked character is but he must be an invited guest. That's a charming pumpkin made of seeds that he's touting!

But as I said, don't worry if you've come without. There are plenty to go around,

in all styles

and colors

and sizes

and settings

why, at Dragonfly Manor, they even grow on trees!


So sit back and enjoy the ambience,
for there are treats,
enough for all.

And where are my manners? Would you care for a spot of tea?



Many thanks to Anna for the inspiration, challenge and invitation to be part of this magical Halloween event.
I never would have shared pictures of my holiday home in such a creative way. It was an interesting process as I had no story in mind whatsoever. After taking pictures around my house, I built the tea around them.
So thank you Anna! It was a fun journey!

20 comments:

Amy A said...

Thank you for stopping by for tea with me! You have a lovely spread here, great decorations and it did come together with a wonderful story! Enjoy your weekend of witches tea...

Anonymous said...

What lovely home decor and guests, I truly had an enchanting time at your beautiful party, my sweet friend. Happy Witches Tea Party!

Lisa said...

My favorite thing about blogging is when the creative process simply unfolds like it did for you. Your party was lovely and I very much enjoyed it. Hope you can stop by for my party and have some enchanted sweets.
Hugs,
Lisa

Becs said...

Joanne. I loved it! So many vignettes. And thanks sinning for hosting all the matchbox swaps. Sorry I missed out on the Christmas one. I was out of town. But I will enjoy via pics and catch the next one. Happy Halloween. Becs

AlphaBetsy said...

So many wonderful friends at your party. :) I love your beautiful story. Thank you for letting me come by.

Blessings.

Betsy

Jo said...

What a fun blog post! I really enjoyed it!

debi said...

What a fun party JoAnne! I love your Halloween decorations, and all the fun pumpkins! But I think that adorable masked teddy bear at the door is my FAVE!

Anonymous said...

Very fun party. Your vignettes are lovely. The masked stranger with the pumpkin is so cute. Thanks so much for the tea, and for visiting my party.

Happy Halloween!
Chrislyn

Anonymous said...

Love all the images, so delighted with one of the last, that tea pot!!It is so unusuall looking, so cute,
Hope you can get a chance to fly over to my tea,
http://thevictoriantailor.blogspot.com/2011/10/victorian-halloween-tea.html

Heathen said...

What a beautiful tea party. I love your decorations!

LYNDY WARD said...

Salutations, your Creations & PICs are Enchanting. Thank you for sharing your Magickal Treats.

This is my favorite time of year when magic is in the air & beautiful black cats are every where. Please fly by my Halloween Party when you can...

Hauntingly Yours,
Lyndy & All My Black Cat Familiars

Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Haunted Halloween Party ~ This is a gorgeous multiple crystal ring & can be used as a Magickal Dowser...
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Lovely party, great cup of tea. I love the teddy and the pumpkin tree. Stop by later for some tea & treats.

Happy Halloween,
Sue

Linda said...

I must say, a totally wondrous party indeed...Love all your photos. You did anawesome job. I loved the tea you made, it was extra special and the sweet treats you served. Please visit me:

momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Blessed Serendipity said...

LOVE the story and love all the party goers too. I always wondered what skeletons liked to drink. Tea of course! Happy halloween!

Danielle

Jean Knee said...

Loving your Halloween spirit

Celia said...

What a lovely tea party....thank you for having me over....

Ivy said...

What a fun tea party....now I want a butler too! ;]

Happy Halloween JoAnne! xo

Unknown said...

Lovely party! I enjoyed it very much!

Best,

Dana @ On the Broomstick

Lorraine said...

JoAnne, how creative are your vignettes!! Soooo fun, thanks for sharing with us! Happy Halloween!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love your Halloween decorations! So cute! Happy November to you!