Saturday, October 1, 2011

Skulls, Rosettes, Polka Dots & Lace???

Sounds funny doesn't it? But it worked!
It was so much fun. Days and days of creating. And now we're all in the process of swapping it out. Our Handmade Halloween swap challenge was to create a Halloween themed altered matchbox and at least 4 other handcrafted items that did or didn't fit inside the matchbox.

Here's what I made for my partner, Kimberly, of ArtJoyStuff.
I used scrapbook paper to cover the box and embellished the edges with dresden trim. The focal point is a pretty coordinating rosette covered with little paper rosettes,a skull and a handstamped message scroll. I found that wonderful skeleton ribbon at Michael's.
Isn't this the yummiest gathered lace with beads and rosettes?

I also sent her a domino book

a little gothic arch book




a paper doll made on a pack of pumpkin seeds

an altered, handstamped cartes de visite

a festive altered skelly (yes, his parasol really does open!)

and other assorted tags, cards and goodies.

If you'd like to see what other group members have created visit our flickr group. The next swap for December is already posted. Ho, ho, ho, I think we'll have a lot of Santa's joining in on this one! Maybe YOU?

If you haven't entered my Trick or Treat Domino Book Giveaway, you can do that HERE.

I'm linked with French Cupboard's Handmade Harvest Party.

20 comments:

Cyn said...

this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE visiting your blog..such wonderful art!!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi JoAnne,
I absolutely love my beautiful matchbox and all the wonders that came with. I was especially thrilled to receive one of your domino books, I've been an admirer.
I will be mailing your matchbox on Monday, so look for it soon.
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

Marrissa said...

Ahh so inspiring! I love your style! Such clever and beautiful ideas, thanks for sharing :)

Laura of said...

Greetings, JoAnne, I have been away from blogland far too long, and have had a ball looking over all your wonderful posts! I am in love with the Owl and Pierrot, and the Dominoes, and the Crow, and..... well, never mind! YOU have been having fun, and I have enjoyed all the inspiration! Happy October! xox

Sharon said...

Wow fantastic Halloween creations!!!

Jo said...

How totally gorgeous, your swap partner is very very lucky! Love your style!

Dorthe said...

OH she must have been thrilled opening up all this gorgeous things, you created.I love your domino books, and the box, is really scary,lol
xox-Dorthe

Sherry said...

Oh JoAnne, your swap partner has been thoroughly spoilt by you! All your items are just perfect!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness JoAnne your blog is just FABULOUS! What a wonderful gift it truly is a treasure!
XXX
Becky
PS I will be back often!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I can hear Kim squeeling with delight all the way over here!!!
Fabulous box and projects JoAnne!
Thanks for doing this swap. I had the best time ever!!
hugs Lynn

Lesley said...

Oh my JoAnne, what a great swap for your partner. You have really outdone yourself on this one.You pull it all together so beautifully. I love that arch book
Les

blessings said...

Ooo I love the gothic arch one! How beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing your Fall pretties with us at French Cupboard's Handmade Harvest.

Blessings... Polly
French Cupboard &
Counting Your Blessings

Ivy said...

Love it all...you are one very talented lady! xo

Anonymous said...

What a magical beautiful collection.
gorgeous !1
Hugs June x

Riki Schumacher said...

LOVE your work, wow! Thank you so much for posting about the giveaway at my new blog, really appreciate it. Best of luck on my contest! Riki

Jean Knee said...

such cute things. That pumkin paper doll is so darling.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

OMG!! Stunning Halloween creations JoAnne!! Your swap partner is a lucky gal!!
Jan x

Jilly said...

JoAnne your blog is just fabulous, Your blog is full of colorful stuffs. I also plan to do these fun work on vacation. On last vacation I done same work with red and yellow color chair, I enjoyed lot.
printed bags

Terry said...

Goulish, Spooky and Gorgeous! Love visiting! Have a great weekend!

Martina said...

What kind of grandiose projects, JoAnne! I'm thrilled! You are so talented!