Sunday, January 12, 2014

Glimpses of Christmas in NYC

It's one of the most
magical and exciting places..
especially during the holidays.
 
No visit to the city
is complete without a visit to
Tinsel Trading...
especially at Christmas time.
 Trims and treasures galore...
 charming vintage displays... 
 so many gift choices...
and of course gifts
 to give yourself.
 
Radio City Music Hall
and the Christmas Spectacular
is always a must see..
 
 and I adore Bryant Park.
In addition to skating
there are numerous artisan shops
and places to enjoy
food and drink.
 
But if you have a sweet tooth
you HAVE to go across the street to
Crumbs Bakery.
 And yes,
that Peanut Butter Cup cupcake
was worth every single one
of those
550 calories!
 
Nobody solicits donations
in such an entertaining manner
as the many Salvation Army volunteers
throughout Manhattan.
 This woman in particular
was so creative and enthusiastic
that her "performances"
should have been televised.
 
Window displays
 so enchanting
you could almost forget
to go inside the store...
Well I did say almost!
 
I hope you enjoyed my
mini tour.
I have one more Christmas related post
of my 12 Days of Christmas swap.
I'll get those pictures
together soon.
Until then
stay warm and keep creating!

7 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

This adventure looks like something out of a story book. Lucky ducky you. Thanks for the share. Loved the walk along for sure. Oma Linda

Erica said...

I've been lucky enough to be in NYC at Christmas a few times, and yes, it is magical. (Although way too cold for me!) Thanks for sharing the pics. I've never been to Bryant Park - have to add that to the list for next time.

Anonymous said...

Oh JoAnne, what a wonderful post! I have never been to NY but Dan has, and he just loved it. I would get lost in that magical store and I am certain all of those scrumptious treats were fat free and contained ZERO calories. Yum!

Unknown said...

JoAnne,
Yes, New York City at Christmas time is truly amazing, was there last year, loved it!!!
Thanks for stopping by my Valentine Love post, the ATC'S were so much fun to make. When I started creating ATC'S (not so long ago) I didn't think I could manage in such a small space, but kinda addicting once I got the hang of it....
Hugs
Michele

Sandi McLean said...

What a lovely post...I felt "almost" like I was there...all the places we see in films and read about. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for coming my way...I'm trying hard to get the mojo coming again :) Hugs,

Lorraine said...

Hi JoAnne--Loved the pictures, looks like you had a great time!! It truly is magical! Stay warm...
xo Lorraine

Terri said...

Thank you for sharing Christmas time in NYC! I love NYC! I was hoping to get a visit in before the end of the year, but it did not work out. I was so hoping for my first trip to Tinsel Trading Co.
I am glad you had the opportunity to really enjoy all these wonderful seasonal experiences!
Hugs,
Terri