Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Holiday Home

Welcome to my holiday home!
These two garage sale finds always grace my foyer and I dress them for the season.......
My harp gets a little makeover as well with the addition of the We Believe banner and my victorian St. Nick....
My sweet little white tree was a new addition last year and is decorated with lace, strands of pearls, white frosted flowers and only handmade ornaments from my blog and swap friends....
Do you see one of your ornaments here....
or here?
I use a hatbox draped in a vintage shawl that once belonged to my mother as a tree stand.

As a lover of whimsy...
 nothing says whimsy better...
than my Christmas elves.

This is the big tree in the front room laden with memories of ornaments collected over the years...
the manger my grandfather made for me as a little girl always has a place under the tree.

This silver tray is an ever present vignette....
that also gets a makeover for the holidays.....

The feather tree in the dining room is decorated in silver tinsel....
and matchbox ornaments made by members in my swap group.

The antique ornaments in this vignette...
have been handed down in my family over generations.

I love this Santa....
and he dresses up a corner so nicely.

I have yet another tree, this one is in the dining room...
and decorated victorian style.

The fireplace gets a winter garland and wreath....
and you get a peek at what the mantle has to offer for the holidays. But I'll save that for another post.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my holiday decor. As joyful as decorating and sharing is this time of year, I couldn't post today without expressing my deepest sympathy to the families affected by the tragic events in Connecticut. It's impossible to even imagine the heartbreak and sorrow so many are dealing with today and in the days to come.
Please join me in taking a moment to send healing thoughts and prayers. This senseless tragedy is another somber reminder of how fragile life is. Every day is a gift.

9 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Your holiday decorations are wonderful, whimsical and exactly as I would imagine. Very festive and fun.
Oma Linda

Createology said...

Healing prayers for all affected.
Your trees and various vignettes are each and all beautiful and show the love you have for your cherished treasures.

Dorthe said...

Dear Joanne, my heart is also filled with sorrow, that such a thing could happen!
Your christmas home is wonderfully decorated, and I can`t imagine you have 4 trees -how wonderful,-and all so filled with "stories" from your life.
Hugs,Dorthe

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Yes, I did enjoy seeing all your Christmas holiday decor! Very pretty!
Merry Christmas.
Warmly,
deb

PeggyR said...

Love your holiday decor! Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Your home is decorated beautifully....love all the trees you have out! What fun you must have putting all your memorable Christmas items in your beautiful home.
Have a great holiday season Joanne. It's going to be a bit difficult for so many, but let's hope that the New Year is filled with Peace and Love.
Hugs
Jan

Unknown said...

I love your home decor, and your tree is lovely! We are all joined in mourning for the victims.

Hugs,

Ivy said...

JoAnne, your decorations are always so beautiful. Thanks so much for all the beautiful pics!

Hugs and prayers to those in CT...

xo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Gorgeous home and decorations JoAnne.

We are all praying for those in CT.

Nancy