Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Snowy Village Tradition

Every year I fuss a little about not having the time to do it all....
I tell myself the house is decorated enough without it....
Then I go down in the basement and begin rifling through boxes...
And each little building, from the antique shop, to the train station, to the toy store....
And every little figurine, from the sledders, to the kids on the playground, to the choir....
Bring a smile to my face and add a bit of joy to my heart...
Because this is part of our Christmas tradition.
Happy Holidays from my village to yours!

This post is linked to Blissful Whites Wednesday-the last of 2012.

7 comments:

Dorthe said...

What a big and wonderful christmas village you can built up, every year, dear . It looks so very sweet and cosy,-I wonder how big those houses are? A wonderful tradition !
Hugs,Dorthe

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely Christmas village! Brings back wonderful memories of when my parents would create their Christmas village every year.

Charlene said...

SO sweet! I have a number of villages but, this year I had a disc blown in my back & just couldn't get down under the tree to put a village with my Santa Train. This year I'm sad but, it's just packages down there. But, your village brightened my day. Merry Christmas!
Charlene

Createology said...

Such a wonderful holiday tradition with the little village all set up and lending smiles to everyone admiring it. Holiday Blessings...

Diane said...

It's worth it. What a pretty little village and you have just the right place for it- on your mantle. Brings back childhood memories to me. Diane

Linda said...

it's beautiful! and looks so festive on the fireplace. it would be hard not to put it up every year. Merry Christmas!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a wonderful festive village. I'm sure its a ton of work to put up every year but well worth the effort. I'm sure it brings joy to everyone who see's it!
hugs Lynn