Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pretty as A Swan....

My friend Mercedes,
hosted a vintage pincushion and stickpin swap
and I was fortunate to have her as my partner.
So I had to first find a container
pretty enough
(Mercedes truly is the Queen of Pretty!)
and then transform it into something even prettier.
As luck would have it
I stumbled upon a swan at
one of my junkin' expeditions.
I made her a fleur de lis crown
embellished with tiny white pearls
to wear atop her headpiece/veil of light pink tulle
and white feathers.
She has little pink pearl eyes
and wears a soft, tattered ribbon around her neck.
 A heart shaped rhinestone slider
and teeny pink rose embellish her ribbon scarf.
And that vintage "M" medallion?
Acquired at an estate sale last week...serendipity.
I used pretty pink material for the cushion
and edged it in white lace and pearls.
Three coordinating stickpins
and this swan
is sailing off to Mercedes.
 
Enjoy your weekend!
I'm off in search of more swans...


19 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Your swan is so very lovely. I am sure that Mercedes will love it.
enJOY a happy weekend,
Kimberly

my cup of tea said...

Your pincushion is beautiful! I know she will love it!
donna

Createology said...

I certainly do hope you find more swans to embellish as this is just precious. Very Pretty in Pink! Such a fun swap. Creative Bliss...

Jess said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! She will love it for sure!

Unknown said...

I Love it!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Mimi said...

That is too sweet for words. I am sure your friend Mercedes will feel very fortunate indeed...Mimi...xxx

Something Special said...

The swan pin cushion is truly beautiful. I love putting pin cushions into porcelain pieces. I just love this one of yours.

Dorthe said...

What a beautiful pincussion swan you created for your friend, JoAnne. I love the crown and your pins are so lovely, too. The M-medaillon is just the extra goodie ,that makes it totally hers!
Hugs,Dorthe

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

This is so beautiful Joanne!!
HPS
Tami♥

Tea in the Library said...

Very Pretty! Happy Pink Saturday!

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Totally gorgeous and I am sure your friend will adore it. HPS Michelle

All Things Pretty... said...

Oh my, JoAnne, this is for ME?!? It is divine and I can't wait to receive it!! You know we so well, Friend (smile) xoxo Mercedes

diane said...

So lovely ... such talent!

diane @ thoughts and shots

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Truly Beautiful~~~such care and thoughtfulness crafted into her!

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh this is so very very beautiful JoAnne. There is something about the swan that is so graceful and calm.
It has made the perfect pinchusion!!!

Georgiana said...

So lovely. I love swans, they are so elegant.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Oh JoAnne! Your swan is so beautiful! I'm sure Mercedes will treasure it forever!

Something Special said...

Oh I am sure that Mercedes was more than delighted with that pincushion. I have had so much family stuff going on that I have not blogged or swapped much in a while, but I am ready to get back to it. Swapping is one of my favorite things to do!

Something Special said...

Oh I am sure that Mercedes was more than delighted with that pincushion. I have had so much family stuff going on that I have not blogged or swapped much in a while, but I am ready to get back to it. Swapping is one of my favorite things to do!