Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Promised BIG and Old

But first allow me to share a couple of the matchboxes swapped in our just completed Treasures of the Sea Swap.
Jen of On A Journey.... created this stunning mermaid's treasure chest for her lucky partner

And Kim of Tabby's Place spoiled her partner with this beautifully detailed under the sea delight.
To think that these were once matchboxes!!!!

Now on to the big and old new swap announcement. In the first two swaps in our flickr group we altered the small 20 count matchboxes but this time around we're going to go big with 250 count boxes to create something old, antique, vintage and collectible, for

Think of all the great finds in Grandma's Attic! Her old sewing box full of spools, ric rac and buttons galore. Old photos, vintage cards, all sorts of ephemera. Remember this old wallpaper from the dining room? Boxes of lace and trims. And look at the jewelry. She must have saved every piece from the time she was a child! And here's an entire box of old games and toys.
You get the picture. The outside of the box should be decorated in keeping with the vintage theme and the inside stuffed full of vintage and vintage inspired items. Further details HERE in the flickr group.
All in US & Cananda (and it looks like our Canadian friends may have to sit this one out with their postal strike) are welcome to join and swap!
Enjoy your Sunday and hope to be swapping with you soon...

14 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I'm in! Do I need to send you my info?!?

xxoo
Marsha

Lorraine said...

Yay!! I'm going to sign up right now! And those are two beautiful matchboxes in your post!!

Terry said...

I am always amazed at the amount of beauty and interest and be found on such a small item! All are so lovely!

Lesley said...

I would love to enter JoAnne if my partner was willing to wait since we still have a postal strike going on. Hopefully the govt will step in and order them back to work. We can only hope.
Lesley
PS Maybe someone else from Canada I could swap with????

Something Special said...

Oh, the matchbox you sent me is so artsy too. I love it and look at it everyday! I am hoping to get in on the newest matchbox swap too. I will get on over to flickr.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

The matchboxes are beautiful,Joaanne!!Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

Ivy said...

Love this one!! I'm signing up! xo

Tolegranny said...

Oh what fun. I love boxes but that tiny....not sure. They are darling though.

Gerri Herbst said...

Thank you for yr sweet comments on my first altered matchbox.I had so much fun, cant wait to for the grandma attic, I have such lovely vintage goodies to put inside!
take care dearie, gerri

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne, what amazing treasures! It is just amazing what can be done with these matchboxes. What an an ultra talented bunch of ladies. So good to see you stop by for a visit. You are always a welcome guest.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Sea Treasures was so fun - I'm awaiting my package as my partner was delayed a bit. Mine was sent to Lesley a bit ago and got there before the postal strike. The upcoming Grandma's Attic swap is right up my alley - can't wait!

saltbox
treasures
said...

It's nice to meet you.
Lovely creations by you and others.
~ Julie

Valerie-Jael said...

Great work! Valerie

Unknown said...

I would love to join in on this swap. I have signed up thru flicker group.
Thanks for the invite.
Michele