Monday, April 18, 2016

A Little Something for Me

My home is filled with so
many lovely handmade creations. 
If you've swapped with me
the treasure I received is most 
certainly displayed somewhere in my home.
While rearranging and reorganizing
these beautiful art pieces recently I realized
I have kept very little of what I've made for myself.
I LOVE swapping 
but that being said
 I needed to complete something that was a piece of me
to be kept by me.
I finally finished an altered vintage family album
that's been in the making for about a year.
And what better to hold onto
than a piece of my family!
The book "pages" are 
Tim Holtz cabinet cards.
They're sturdy, a good palette for collaging and layering.
 Mom and her best and lifelong friend..
Dad and his WWII army buddy..
 Dad working on our first family home...
Mom & Dad on their wedding day...
A 1958 family photo.
Mom, Dad and brother John are all gone now.
I'm the little one looking at my baby sister
in the bassinet.
The cards were so beautifully made
that I chose to leave the backs as is.

I made removable tags
that slide into the top opening
of the pages.
I'll share a little something else
I did for me..
Nothing brightens a home
or your spirits
more than a $3.99 Trader Joe's bouquet!
Treat yourself!!!
Sometimes we neglect to do that!



9 comments:

Createology said...

We often do and create for everyone but ourselves. Your family journal book is truly beautiful. How wonderful to be able to view and hold these family memories close to your heart and soul. Embracing Family Bliss...

The Junque Seeker said...

What a beautiful album, JoAnne, and what a treasure for you to have! The flowers are lovely, too!

Unknown said...

JoAnne,
The family book is so amazing, love it.
I too, love swapping and creating for others.
I have not created much for myself over the years, should do more of that as well.
Thanks for sharing your family journal.
Hope the warmer weather is at your door.
Hugs
Michele

Erica said...

This is a fantastic mini book, and filled with such wonderful family memories.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You made a lovely keepsake! Thank you for the birthday wishes.
warmly,
deb

Amy B said...

Your album is sure to be treasured for generations! It is lovely.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi JoAnne
The family album is really gorgeous! What a way to keep those special memories all in one place and the way you have used those Tim Holtz cards is just great.
It's an inspiration to get mine started. I have a small box set aside for this purpose one day!
It feels so nice to create something for yourself that you can keep and treasure.
Well done,
Happy hugs to you,
Suzy xx

Linda Walker said...

Hi Joanne,
What a beautiful album! I could look at it all day! I have wanted to create such an album for so long and also make one for each of my daughters. I will probably have to come back to visit you for further inspiration. Yours is beautiful!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Something Special said...

That is so pretty JoAnne. It's fun to come back and visit your blog every so often.