Sunday, November 23, 2014

White Christmas Button Book

What a fun swap this was
hosted by Laurie
at
It's a
White Christmas
Button Book Swap.
We were to make our partner a book of fabric, paper or both
and incorporate 30-50 buttons into the book.
 
I chose antique Christmas postcards as my pages...
This is the front cover
with a snowflake button enclosure.
(Clicking on all these pictures will give you much better detail.)
Buttons are incorporated everywhere...
These sweet Victorian girls are perfect button holders
and are a tri-fold on the inside front cover.
This wintry bird card is one of my favorites.
I embellished it with stickles and liquid pearls
and attached snowflake buttons
and frosty jingle bell trim.

I created a lace pouch for the back of the card
and made a vintage looking button card
to tuck inside.
 

The snow people, snowballs and flakes
are all buttons!
Another lace pouch
holds a handstamped cello envelope
loaded with holiday buttons.
Lots of lovely lace trims
adorn each page.
I hope my swap partner enjoys this.
Thank you Laurie for hosting such a wonderful
holiday swap!


15 comments:

Lululiz said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I am totally in love with this book.

Createology said...

This is such a stunning treasure. Creative Button Bliss...

The Junque Seeker said...

Your book is beautiful! There is no doubt that your partner is going to love it.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

way beyond stunning...I love the muted tone of color...so lovely JoAnne!

Unknown said...

So beautiful JoAnne.
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs
Michele

Laurie said...

Oh JoAnn -- it is beyond beautiful -- I want it! Fabulous interpretation of the swap!

Erica said...

this is beautiful! and what a wonderful swap idea.

Patty Antle said...

This is a beautiful book. I am sure it will be treasured!

Rhissanna said...

What a lovely book and such a gorgeous creamy colour range! I love the tri-fold girls. I've been printing those out as an instant go-to birthday card for years!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Cute, cute and then some more cute. The grands are making Momma a scrappy book for Christmas...you've given me some inspiration. Thanks for all the beautiful artwork you share with your readership. xoxo Happy Turkey Day, Oma Linda

Marrianna said...

This is absolutely lovely. I clicked over to your blog from Laurie's blog this morning. Your ideas and execution of those ideas is very inspiring. Thank you from a new follower.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Marrianna

Curtains in My Tree said...

What a sweet book of lovely treasures and buttons, also a very smart idea,
you did a great job and who ever get its will be thrilled

Karen B. said...

So, so beautiful! Such a lovely creation!
Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

suziqu's thread works said...

What a sweet vintage Christmas postcard book you have created with all your gorgeous pockets and button embellishments!
Just lovely!

Jane K said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful. I just love the vintage feel and the old postcards. Stunning work of art.