Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Springtime Greetings

What a sweet swap hosted by Melanie in our
 Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group!
This little matchbox chest is constructed by adhering two
of the small 32 count matchboxes side by side.
You then sandwich those between two pieces of matboard.
I decorated my Springtime Greetings box in an elegant Easter theme.
After scouring my collection of images I chose this beautiful lady and her sheep.
I framed her with an ornate white resin frame
and surrounded her with lovely blue, brown and ivory paper and fabric flowers.
The finishing touch.... a sparkly blue butterfly.
 
Inside our boxes we were to include our greetings.
 I made these mini collaged cards on matboard.
 
I finished the sides in this shabby tulle floral trim
and my box is ready to travel.
 
You simply can't send a matchbox creation
without some goodies tucked inside!
 I am soooooo ready for Spring!!!

13 comments:

Denise said...

Great job! I love it,so pretty and so many goodies.Denise

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

makes me miss the group..hugs

Laurie said...

Oh, those are gorgeous! Your swap partner is so lucky!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! You are just so talented and creative.
Your partner is on lucky person!!

Happy Crafting
Tracie

PeggyR said...

Oh this is lovely!

Ivy said...

This is gorgeous JoAnne!

Something Special said...

I will bet lots of people are ready for spring and that Marie Antoinette group looks like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

JoAnne, your matchboxes are so gorgeous! Love the images and the beautiful color scheme... somebody will be very happy with all those little goodies :) Like you, I am anxious for Spring!

Createology said...

Very Lovely and Very Spring. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Unknown said...

What an absolutely lovely piece!!! The white and lacey look are gorgeous!

Hugs,

Unknown said...

wow.......lovely

Anonymous said...

What stunningly gorgeous fillers, tags and box. Your partner is so lucky, my beautiful friend. Mina

lynn said...

what a lovely matchbox.. wish i had joined this one.... cant wait till your next matchbox swap..
i love the colors you chose and the flowers added the perfect touch.
thanks so much for sharing
xoxo
lynn