Monday, March 7, 2011

Now We're Talking Spring!

I just wrapped up my first ever blog swap, and what a fabulous swap it turned out to be. A couple of the people who signed up were old blog buddies but for the most part the participants were people I'd never met.
It couldn't have been a nicer experience. What a lovely and talented group of women! Everyone contributed 10 altered shipping tags - the only criteria being they made you think spring. As the hostess I made the covers, bound them and shipped them back.
Meet my new tag buddies..

Patty Provance
Sweet and Sassy Scrapper

Amy Pytlik
Ruby Moon Art

Jennie Barnes
The Pretty Pekingnese

Wendy Aspinall
Bliss Angels

Nancy Wethington
Art From The Heart

Michele Murray
Nook and Cranny

Jo West
My Paper Playhouse

Paula Williams
Paula doesn't have a blog

Jen Phillips
On A Journey Through Journaling...

And my tags


These are the covers I made using an image from Karen at
The Graphics FairyI uploaded the image to Picnik to add the title, then collaged some toadstools, fairy kids, bunnies and eggbaskets (courtesy of Lisa's Altered Art) and embellished with flowers, fabric stems, butterflies and bling.

What a scrumptious, fat book loaded with paper, lace and fabric....
bound with a single binding ring covered with loads of ribbon...

all ready to be packed and shipped to my Thinking Spring friends

Thanks to all of the ladies for a most happy collabortive. I was binding them on a wintry northeast day, but was REALLY thinking spring!

I've linked to Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy. Many thanks to Karen for all the beautiful images that contributed to our tag book, including the blog button and thank you tag (attached to book).

Ideas are already swirling round my head for the next blog swap. Stay tuned.

19 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Oh! JoAnne they look wonderful thank you, I can't wait to look at it... and yes it makes me think of spring.. Hugs wendy

Jo said...

wonderful swap ladies ... oh there is so much to feast my eyes on!!! Thanks again JoAnne for hosting!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very NICE!!!
deb

Mrs A. said...

These all look wonderful. I looks like everyone enjoyed the swap. A pat on the back goes to you I think.

Amy A said...

Oh yay! They look awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on them :)

Janet Ghio said...

What a wonderful swap. The books look just fabulous!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Joanne,
what a wonderful swap and the books look wonderful!!TFS.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Nancy Wethington said...

This was such a fun tag to create. Thank you so much for hosting this swap. Can't wait to see the final results in person!

Audrey Pettit said...

These are just darling!
visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

Terry said...

Those are all so gorgeous! What a wonderful swap! So, is it Spring yet???

Unknown said...

Love all of it..
Thanks for hosting.
Hugs
Michele

Anonymous said...

I love these collaborative events you ladies do. Each of you are so creative and artistically gifted. They are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing such wonderful images.

Sherry said...

What a fabulous swap project JoAnne! All the tags look wonderful and you've put such a lot of time and effort into making them all into delightful little books - love the covers!

I bet all the swappers will be really pleased with them.

Nancy Wethington said...

Just received my tag book and it is WONDER-ful! Thank you so much for putting this swap together. Each tag is unique and beautiful!

Junkin Gypsies said...

Hello Miss Joanne!
Oh Joanne! These are Gorgeous! My Address is....Lol!
Just wanted to Thank you for Entering our Giveaway and Posting it on your Blog!
You are the Greatest!
Happy Friday Friend!
Hugs
Jill

Lesley said...

JoAnne these are gorgeous. What lovely collaborative keepsakes for everyone.
I love the covers you did for them.
TFS
Lesley

Jacque said...

Obrigada por seguir meu Blog JARDIM DAS BORBOLETAS.

Beijo

Peppermint "Patty" said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the tags!!! I am still out of town and am just getting around to checking them out and I absolutely love them!!! I cannot wait to look at them in person. :)

Elaine said...

What beautiful tag books you have all made through this wonderful positive collaboration. I just cannot imagine how blessed you must all feel to receive the completed book containing all the brillaint creativity. I am trying hard not to feel rather jealous!

Elaine