Wednesday, July 7, 2010

90 Degrees Here, Wish I Was Under The Sea!

I just finished pages for an Under The Sea themed chunky book collaborative in my Altered Art Fat Books Yahoo group. I started by decoupaging pieces of tissue paper in blues and greens to a 4x4 cardboard base. Along the bottom of the page I adhered seashells (collected from Key West and Ft. Lauderdale vacations). Next was some fabulous trim from Flights Of Fancy Boutique. This trim was perfect for giving the look of seaweed and netting to catch........
MERMAIDS!!!!! Lots and lots of fun-to-make, articulated, mix & match mermaid paper dolls. Deborah of Supplies To Go has the collage sheets to make these mer-beauties in her etsy shop. Each page gets one tucked under the netting. Removable but still very much part of the book. Every page was embellished with seahorse and sand dollar charms. I'll be sure to share the finished book later this month.

19 comments:

Netty said...

I am gasping with pleasure, this is totally gorgeous. Annette x

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What an exquisite collection of dazzling creations! So much loveliness JoAnne! And perfect for this time of summer!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Beautiful and creative!

Carol

Terry said...

We are going to be close to 100 degrees, so I am with you! Totally fabulous work of art. Stunning summer piece!

PeggyR said...

I love Flights of Fancy Boutique. Your artwork is amazing...

Wendy Aspinall said...

I don't have the words ,your work is so breathtaking, wonderful wendy@blissangels

Ivy said...

Just beautiful! Love the embellishments!

Sherrie said...

This coming along beautifully! Love the mermaids with the addition of the netting :0)

Mrs A. said...

How did you do this. I'm loving the whole concept. Can't wait to see more.

Michele said...

oh wow i love this altered piece! the mermaid paperdolls are just brilliant. thanks so much for sharing this.

Lynn Stevens said...

OMG This is INCREDIBLE !!! I Love your mermaids. Great minds!!! LOL
If you ever want to swap a atc mermaid let me know. I'd love to do a swap with you after you finish your wonderful book.
Hugs lynn

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Please DO share the finished book with us!
This was such a delight, I can't imagine how spectacular the rest of it will be :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is fantastic!!! Absolutely gorgeous and dreamy--Bravo!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

We just finished our heatwave here in CT. But your pages cooled me right off. So tranquil and dreamy.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Just beautiful, JoAnne! I'll have to check out Flights of Fancy. It is soooooo hot here too! We did get a downpour 2 days ago, but it only cooled the air for a little while.

Cat Stegall said...

Oh my gosh I love this and YES I love my pkg of goodies so sorry I did not let you know sooner!!! HUGS

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, my, Joanne, this is AWESOME!!!!

I'm a bit behind in visiting my bloggy pals!!!

xxoo

catworx said...

JoAnne!!! Your mermaid pages are stunning, I love them all & the embellishments are perfection!!!

I'm a major fan of mermaids & I'm using them as my theme for a skinny book exchange that I'm playing in, so when I saw this post, I went OOOOOOooooo & AAAAAAaaaahhhhh!

Kim Collister Studio said...

nO OTHER WORDS...JUST STUNNING!!